27th Annual Irish Classic 10K
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Race Begins at 9:00a.m.
Register online from January 1, 2019 to March 13, 2019.
All terrain race course with park boundaries.
- Early registration runs from January 1, 2019 - February 10, 2019 until 4:00 p.m. - $30/registrant
- Late registration runs from February 11, 2019 through March 15, 2019. - $35/registrant
- Day-Of-Race Registration runs from 7:00 a.m to 8:30 a.m., March 16, 2019 - $40/registrant
- All mail-in entries are determined by postmark - no exceptions!
- Sorry, entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Race packets and T-shirts* will be available for pick-up the day of the race between 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
* Early registration guarantees an event t shirt, all other levels are first come, first served.
The Irish Classic 10K Start/ Finish line is located outside of the main Activities
Building. The course runs on the roads surrounding E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park.
- Race begins (and ends) at the flag pole in front of the Activities Building.
- It will turn right, onto the fitness trail,
- then left into the grass field just past the fitness equipment.
- You’ll run across the fitness trail, headed towards the tennis court facility. Follow the course along Freys Hill rd to the BMX track’s parking lot.
- Head into the parking lot, and
- Veer onto the park access rd towards the old Central State Hospital cemeteries.
- "Scope" out the Louisville Astronomical Society’s class room as you pass the right side of the root cellar, and continue onto the gravel path leading to the cemeteries.
- At the cemeteries, you’ll turn left onto the Goose Creek Trail, and then
- Veer left onto the mowed pathway that leads down a hill to a clearing.
- Head right at the clearing, towards the creek.
- Then turn left onto a gravel park access road, straight to a paved access road.
- From here, you’ll turn right on the paved road then,
- Turn left into the meadow area on the south side of the park and follow grass pathways along the creek and to the fence line along Lakeland rd. This will lead you to the Sawyer Hayes Community Center parking lot,
- Where you’ll travel past the large stones towards the picnic shelter #3.
- Enter the paved road through the gate and follow this road to the turn around point.
- Course goes back same way it came to the finish line.
Course maps and descriptions can be picked up in the recreation office at the activities building.
Prizes are awarded in the following categories:
- Overall Male
- Overall Female
- Top (2) finishers in each age group (Male/ Female):
*15 and Under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,
40-44,45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 and Over.
Awards ceremony and door prize giveaway will be held after the race in the gym of the Activities Building.