This is roughly a 6-mile guided canoe or kayak trip that navigates you down Tygart Creek which cuts Kentucky's most scenic limestone gorge. You will be on the creek for about 3.5 hours. Along the way we will see high cliff sides and the natural beauty that the spring has to offer. This trip includes an option to explore one of Kentucky's largest natural limestone tunnels. The park can provide a limited number of canoes or kayaks along with paddles and vest. Participants may also bring their own canoe or kayak for a reduced fee. Participants will be shuttled by the park to and from the creek. Participants should have some paddle experience before signing up for these trips. Paddle experience required, moving water paddle experience highly recommend for this trip.
- The cost is $40 per person using our watercraft and $30 per person using their own watercraft. A 2.75% Portal Administration Fee will be added to the transaction total.
- Must be 12yrs or older to participate; 17yrs old and under are required to have a legal guardian with them on the trip.
- Limited space available, pre-registration is required.
- Participants must check in at the Carter Caves Welcome Center at upon arrival. Trip leaves at 9:30am.
- Required equipment includes; the correct attire for cool weather paddling, a complete change of clothes, treaded footwear, flashlight (for natural tunnel visit), sack lunch, bottled water and a dry bag for your supplies.
- Total trip time can be from 5-7 hours in length.
- This trip can be canceled due to high/low water levels and/or extreme weather conditions.