Certified Application Counselor Request to Participate Instructions
The purpose of completing this form is to begin the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange (KHBE) on-boarding process for certified application counselors (CACs) to access the KHBE enrollment system through kynect.ky.gov. Entities interested in participating on KHBE must designate existing employees or established volunteers to complete training and certification. CAC training is provided through an online Learning Management system which requires the potential CAC to pass as part of the certification process. More information about the training requirements may be found at: https://khbe.ky.gov/Agents-kynectors/Documents/kynector-Welcome-Packet-121021.pdf .
Upon completing and submitting the participation form to KHBE, designated CACs will be sent an email with instructions to access training and onboarding information.
Certified Application Counselors Requirements to Participate
Under Section 45 C.F.R. 155.225 and 900 KAR 10:125, Certified Application Counselors may be individual staff members or volunteers of designated organizations that must be trained and enter into an agreement with the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange (KHBE). Specifically, KHBE is looking for organizations that have processes in place to screen staff and volunteers who are certified to ensure they will protect personal information; engage in services that position them to help connect people to coverage; and have experience providing social services to the community. The KHBE will limit CAC entities to the following:
- Community Health Centers (such as FQHCs)
- Health care providers
- Indian Health Services and providers
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS providers
- Behavioral or mental health providers
- Agencies with experience providing social services such as SNAP outreach, energy assistance, or tax assistance, which are:
- Non-federal government entities
- 501(c) organizations
- Local government agencies such as health departments and libraries
All designated individuals or volunteers must agree to:
- Disclose to the organization or to KHBE and potential applicants any relationships with Health Insurance Plans (also referred to as Qualified Health Plans or QHPs), insurance affordability programs or any other potential conflicts of interest;
- Comply with Federal and KHBE privacy and security standards consistent with Section 45 C.F.R. 155.260, and applicable authentication and data security standards;
- Refer to the appropriate consumer assistance personnel or call center when applicable;
- Provide information in a manner that is accessible to individuals with disabilities, as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Agree to act in the best interest of the applicants assisted;
- Comply with the requirements of 45 C.F.R. 155.225; and
- Not collect fees or accept any form of payment from applicants for applications or other assistance with KHBE.
Certified Application Counselors are certified to:
- Provide information to individuals and employees about the full range of Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) and insurance affordability programs for which they are eligible;
- Assist individuals and employees to apply for coverage in a QHP through the kynect.ky.gov and other insurance affordability programs;
- Help facilitate enrollment of eligible individuals in QHP and insurance affordability programs.
Certified Application Counselor Program Designated Organization Agreement